Bob grew up in Colorado hunting, trapping and learning to fish from both of his grandfathers. Bob and Kim married in 1988 and moved to Eagle in 1991. Finding the town without a fly shop they decided to take the plunge and opened Eagle River Anglers in 1893, beginning in a small building by the interstate, they moved to their current location riverside in 2001. In 2003 they purchased a historic house for $1 and moved it onto the property. This building was built in 1905 by Charles Nogal and was one of the first houses in Eagle. This building was the home to the Nogal family for many years who coincidently sold trout from the river to the railroad as well as bait to fisherman. The shop is stocked with only quality goods from the finest manufactures in the industry, including Sage, Redington, and Ross. The flies are all high quality from Umpqua, Spirit River and Montana Fly Co. with a selection that is unparalleled in the valley.
All or part of this operation is conducted on public lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. Colorado Outfitter #1516